a deacon's heart. . .

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Telling our Story. . .


When was the last time you shared your faith story?
I grew up in a home where faith wasn't really evey discussed, just assumed. It was assumed that you would attend "church" each week, youth group in the evening, and choir practice on Wednesday evenings but we just never talked about our faith journey. I suppose that is why my connection with the youth and its leaders was such a vital part of my life; it provided me a safe place to talk about my faith, to ask questions, and listen to others do the same. However, I began to realize that faith in God was such a constant part of my life, I began to take it for granted.

My dear friend Kathleen is big on sharing our faith stories. It is a part of her ministry to women as well as her ministry through Pfeiffer University. Being with her makes me reflect on my story on a pretty regular basis.
I found reflecting upon my story was important but God was counting on me to do more than reflect on my story. God needed me to share it as well.



  • How could I share something I could not articulate?

  • How could I encourage others to share their story when I was not prepared to share my own?

  • How was I going to evangelize to the world if I cannot tell my story, much less tell God's story?

I encourage you to reflect on your faith story. Pray over it, write it down, and find a safe place where you can share your story with others. Listen to the stories of others and together you will meet and know God in ways you never imagined.


Blessings of discovery and joy, Gloria


No comments:

Post a Comment