a deacon's heart. . .

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Changes in our lives. . .




So, we are packing, and packing, and packing!

How in the world do we accumulate so much stuff? The better question is why? I find myself clinging to the things of our children's childhood. Why? Well, becuase they may want to use it with their children I tell myself. Really???? They want dresses and toys and VHS videos that are 20 years old? No way. They have moved on. . . then why can't I?

I find myself storing things that belonged to my mother. I am not sure why execpt I feel that holding onto these materials items, allows me to hold on to the memories of her. I know this is foolish, for the memories lie in the scrapbook of my heart, not in stuff, but I do it anyway.

Moving helps me put all this in perspective. My husband Chris has been so great at allowing me the time I need to let go of these things. He patiently packs, stores, and puts up with some of these things. He tells me that when I am ready, I will let them go. Well, I am almost there - Praise God!!!

God clings to us, not our stuff! God clings to our goodness, creativeness, love. . .US. God desires to be in relationship with us, all our flaws and quirks. . . US.

This move is opening my eyes and allowing my heart to more fully cling to the one who clings to me. Not my stuff!
Praise God!


No comments:

Post a Comment